Total Pageviews


Rmember this?

Rmember this?

Thursday, July 23, 2009

BHO's "News Conference"

Just a little commentary;

I had to watch it twice, or should I say suffer through it. While I find BHO to be articulate, well spoken, and (some would say) charismatic when he is speaking, he never really says anything. I was hoping that this time would be different. It wasn't. I know as much now about this 1,018 page document ( bill )as I did prior to this little rant session. He only took 11 questions this time instead of the normal scripted thirteen, and he danced (quite elegantly I might add ) around all of them except for the one about racial profiling.

He was asked several direct questions. The one that put me on the edge of my seat came from a reporter in Ohio. He asked (and I'm paraphrasing here) BHO flat out if he would reject any portion of the bill that would refuse to allow treatment options that the government deemed as un-necessary there-by removing any choice and decision making between Doctor and patient and placing your health care decisions squarely on the shoulder of bureaucrats and a larger government rather than where they belong.
After what seemed to me to be an hour of unrelated talk without saying much of anything related to the question, he moved on without answering it in the same direct fashion it was posed. I was disappointed to say the least, but it was what I have come to expect from that wannabe.

I did however learn one thing. That what my mom always told me about first impression actually does apply. Even in this case. Now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I should not expect anything of substance to come out of that mans mouth. He may speak it eloquently ( in front of a tele-prompter) but most of it is still bullshit. False figures, misquotes, inaccurate accounting of events and lots of smoke and mirrors. I guess that's all we are gonna get from him. My grandfather used to say if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. Maybe BHO knew him.